Vacancies & CV Portal
“Within our dreams and aspirations we found our opportunities”
– Sugar Ray Leonard
Your information is completely confidential, and only available to all our Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultants. Our Talent Acquisition Agents search the portal using key words and phrases to source candidates who meet the minimum requirements as specified by the Client. Please ensure your profile created is completed in full and in detail, in order for us to shortlist accurately against Job Specifications
We invite you to apply for our current vacancies advertised below. Should your CV be shortlisted, the relevant Consultant will contact you to discuss the position in more detail and book an appointment for an interview and screening process.
If you have not heard back from an Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultant within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Job TitleBusiness Development Manager
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience8 to 10 years
Job Published09 February 2024
Job Reference No.787300347
- To improve the organisation’s market position and achieve financial growth by implementing organisational strategic goals, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiating, and closing business deals.
- To advise on and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Reporting To: Commercial Manager: Business Unit Division
• Bachelor’s degree Experience:
• 3-5 years of customer/commercial experience Additional
• CAD software
• RFQ process; APQP &PPAP
• ISO standard
• IATF 16949
• Risk Assessment
Key Performance Areas
New Business Development:
• Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business - networking
• Meet potential client(s) by growing, maintaining, and leveraging built networks
• Identify potential client(s) and the decision makers within the client organisation
• Research and build relationship with new clients
• Set up meetings between client decision maker(s) and company’s practices leaders /principals.
• Plan approaches and pitches, work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
• Participate in pricing the solution/service(s)
• Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreement, and working through differences to a positive conclusion
• Have full understanding of contribution statements and position discussions with customer if under recovering in a commodity
• Drive new business opportunities through RFQ process
• Drive pricing and profitability discussions with customers
• Present new products and services and enhance existing client relationships
• Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs
• Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
Business Development Planning:
• Attend industry function(s), such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
• Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new service, products, and distribution channels
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
Management and Research:
• Submit weekly progress reports and ensure date is accurate
• Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system
• Forecast sales target and ensure they are met by the team
• Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets
• Ensure all team members represent the company in good faith and best light
• Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that it will lead to continual enhancement of the company’ performance.