Vacancies & CV Portal
“Within our dreams and aspirations we found our opportunities”
– Sugar Ray Leonard
Your information is completely confidential, and only available to all our Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultants. Our Talent Acquisition Agents search the portal using key words and phrases to source candidates who meet the minimum requirements as specified by the Client. Please ensure your profile created is completed in full and in detail, in order for us to shortlist accurately against Job Specifications
We invite you to apply for our current vacancies advertised below. Should your CV be shortlisted, the relevant Consultant will contact you to discuss the position in more detail and book an appointment for an interview and screening process.
If you have not heard back from an Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultant within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Job TitleLogistics Supervisor
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 5 years
Job Published05 February 2024
Job Reference No.770669893
The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the receipt of goods (inbound) and distribution of goods (outbound)- ensuring that incoming raw materials are efficiently managed & supplied to production and that customer orders are being fulfilled timeously and efficiently.
Minimum Requirements / Experience:
- Grade 12 / Matric
- National Diploma or relevant qualification in Inventory & Operations Management/ Supply Chain Management.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment.
- Firm grasp / understanding of logistics activities and processes.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Despatch and Raw Materials Store:
- Oversee the logging and tracking of required documentation in relation to all applicable deliveries and receipts
- The safe loading and offloading placement of material on vehicles.
- Ensure correct deliveries to customers.
- Report any damages to stock immediately to management.
- Identify and attend to bottlenecks and escalate to management.
- Monitor and maintain the Quality Management System within the logistics department.
- Ensure housekeeping and 5’s is maintained within the Logistics department.
- Oversee the correct packaging of all finished goods and raw materials
- Ensure customer satisfaction through professional and on time deliveries.
- Communicate with customers and management about delivery times and special requests.
- Escalate any short deliveries to customers and management immediately.
Stock Takes and Cycle Counts:
- Responsible for the execution of monthly stock takes.
- Analyse and interpret stock variance reports and highlight non-conformances.
- Daily cycle counts – analyse SOH report daily and report on variances.
- Daily checks on truck/forklift/stacker inspection reports.
- Check load tests for lifting equipment.
- Track license expiry dates for all drivers of moving machinery including license renewals for trucks.
- Ensure FIFO system is followed in Finished goods and Raw materials stores.
- Ensure exceptions are cleared on SACO system weekly.
- Ensure that employees hours approved are in line with actual hours worked.
- Assist with the resolution of pay queries.
- Ensure that daily reports are updated and displayed.
- Ensure a safe, secure and legal working environment.
- Mentor and coach team to promote improved performance levels
- Ensure discipline is maintained in department (absenteeism, lateness, overtime, misconduct, etc.)
- Assist to resolve grievances and disputes
- Identify opportunities for improvements.