Vacancies & CV Portal
“Within our dreams and aspirations we found our opportunities”
– Sugar Ray Leonard
Your information is completely confidential, and only available to all our Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultants. Our Talent Acquisition Agents search the portal using key words and phrases to source candidates who meet the minimum requirements as specified by the Client. Please ensure your profile created is completed in full and in detail, in order for us to shortlist accurately against Job Specifications
We invite you to apply for our current vacancies advertised below. Should your CV be shortlisted, the relevant Consultant will contact you to discuss the position in more detail and book an appointment for an interview and screening process.
If you have not heard back from an Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultant within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Job TitleProduction Manager
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 5 years
Job Published30 January 2024
Job Reference No.4255389842
The purpose of the job is to optimise the CMT, Converting and Fabrication production processes in order to achieve the BU objectives. The incumbent will be reporting to the General Manager.
Requirements for Applicants Educational:
• Industrial Engineering
• 5 years’ in Production Management experience
Key Performance Areas Associated Tasks Strategy:
• Implement new equipment/technology/processes in accordance with the Manufacturing Strategic Plan
• Achieve/exceed the annual Manufacturing Operational Plan in accordance to set targets.
• Plan, schedule and monitor production (Sales requirements, stock levels, maintenance requirements, machine changes, etc.)
• Approve Production Plans.
• Monitor plant utilisation and efficiencies and action non-conformances.
• Optimise the manufacturing processes and maintain manufacturing efficiencies.
• Ensure optimal and efficient use of resources.
• Ensure correct start-up procedures are complied with and that machinery is running at the start of the shift.
• Balance the production lines (manning levels).
• Assist with ad-hoc projects.
• Ensure all planned maintenance schedules are adhered to.
• Analyse daily variances and identify opportunities for improvements.
• Investigate and resolve manufacturing related problems and sub-standard performance
• Conduct continuous Risk Assessments in the workplace
• Conduct Planned Task Observations in the workplace
• Identify potential hazards and critical safety issues in the workplace
• Address workplace hazards and risks
• Apply safety, health and environment practices and legal requirements when working on machinery and equipment
Quality Management System:
• Improve employee awareness of Quality Targets and Objectives
• Achieve PPM targets
• Notify the Quality Department of any non-conformances which may lead to product rejections
Policies and Procedures:
• Develop and update Manufacturing Policies, Procedures, Protocols, Work Instructions, Codes of Practice, etc.
• Provide input into the budgeting process
• Monitor performance against budget (expense controls, variances, etc.)
• Initiate requests for CAPEX/Disposal/Transfers
• Participate in the Audit process
• Adhere to Financial Policies and Procedures
• Protect company assets (working capital & fixed assets)
• Detect and prevent fraud
• Promote good Corporate Governance
• Ensure an enabling climate / culture
• Manage individual, team and departmental performance to achieve organisational objectives
• Manage labour complement and stability in line with budget
• Participate in the implementation and utilisation of equity related processes
• Achieve targets for the Department
• Obtain approval for and recruit and select employees in the area of responsibility
• Plan, organise and monitor work in own area of responsibility
• Compile and update Performance Contracts and Individual Development Plans and facilitate individual career path planning
• Determine the training needs of the Department
• Conduct Performance Reviews and manage sub-standard performance
• Coach and counsel people to ensure improved performance levels
• Ensure discipline is maintained in department (absenteeism, lateness, overtime, misconduct, etc.)
• Resolve grievances and disputes
• Oversee the monthly stock count activities
• Manage cycle counts as per requirement
• Implement Planned Maintenance in line with the Planned Maintenance schedule
• Monitor the implementation of improvement initiatives
• Compile Production Reports and Performance Graphs