Vacancies & CV Portal
“Within our dreams and aspirations we found our opportunities”
– Sugar Ray Leonard
Your information is completely confidential, and only available to all our Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultants. Our Talent Acquisition Agents search the portal using key words and phrases to source candidates who meet the minimum requirements as specified by the Client. Please ensure your profile created is completed in full and in detail, in order for us to shortlist accurately against Job Specifications
We invite you to apply for our current vacancies advertised below. Should your CV be shortlisted, the relevant Consultant will contact you to discuss the position in more detail and book an appointment for an interview and screening process.
If you have not heard back from an Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultant within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Job TitleEnvironmental Specialist
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience4 to 6 years
Job Published09 November 2023
Job Reference No.3784453946
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the company complies with environmental regulations and standards by rendering assistance in conducting tests and field investigations to obtain data for use by environmental, engineering and scientific personnel, in determining sources and methods of controlling pollutants in air, water, soil and ventilation.
Bachelor’s Degree or post grad in Environmental Science or related fields (NQF 7)
- Certificate: SAMTRAC.
- 4 years’ experience in a similar role in an Manufacturing Environment
- Computer Literacy (MS Office Suite; and other job-specific software systems).
- Knowledge on environmental assessment, monitoring, reporting, policy making, and planning.
- Project management skills and know how to write project proposals.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, interpretations, and health and safety programs.
- Environmental monitoring and control
- Oversees, and conducts regular environmental, field and site inspections and examinations to assess conditions, determine pollution level and report hazardous locations / materials.
- Arranges sampling of food, soil, air, soil and water at facilities for further analysis / testing at the Laboratory.
- Identifies and addresses environmental violations by developing and recommending solutions to eliminate pollution and environmental hazards.
- Inspects and test the output of the company’s equipment using variety of tools and methods, depending on the contaminant.
- Ensures that relevant environmental and waste policies, processes, practices and procedures are implemented and enforced.
- Checks that waste management, waste bins, housekeeping and pollution control equipment are in working order.
- Makes recommendations to assist in reducing environmental impact such as recycling or making energy-efficiency improvements.
- Works with emergency response team to address environmental incidents such as chemical leaks and spills.
- Maintains management information systems that identify the location of hazardous sites, chemical inventories, and complaint investigations.
- Keeps abreast with local, national, international and industry body environmental regulations.
- Ensures compliance with local, national, international and industry body regulations related to hazardous environments.
- Reviews and recommends improvements to existing environmental programs for compliance assurance.
- Obtains, maintains, modifies and renews environmental permits and licenses.
- Prepares permit applications and agreements as needed by regulatory bodies.
- Ensures that waste is disposed of at the legal landfill site, and transported in a legal manner.
- Operates within controls and procedures in order to ensure the integrity of the company.
- Identifies and reports risks or areas of concern to management within own department and area of responsibility.
- Environmental awareness
- Represents the business by visiting hazardous areas such as dump sites, and attending environmental seminars etc.
- Oversees waste disposal and pollution control programs.
- Implements spill prevention programs and hazardous waste regulations.
- Educates workers on environmental health and safety procedures, as well as to raise awareness on Environmental matters.
- Prepares findings reports and shares results with the businesses, agencies and the SHEQ Manager.
- Prepares clear and detailed written reports about field inspections.
- Performs research and reports findings on current environmental conditions.
- Customer Service and Cost and Financial control
- Maintains effective working relationships with customers (both internal and external) towards rendering highest quality of services.
- Provides guidance and direction to management for ensuring environmental compliance.
- Represents the company in meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Contributes to the budget preparation process.
- Promotes and communicates the effective, efficient, economical and transparent use of financial and other resources.
- Assists in developing project proposals and statement of work and determine overall budget and schedules.
- Monitors and controls expenditure against budget and ensures spending occurs within budgetary limits and the company's financial guidelines, report deviations to direct Manager.