Vacancies & CV Portal
“Within our dreams and aspirations we found our opportunities”
– Sugar Ray Leonard
Your information is completely confidential, and only available to all our Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultants. Our Talent Acquisition Agents search the portal using key words and phrases to source candidates who meet the minimum requirements as specified by the Client. Please ensure your profile created is completed in full and in detail, in order for us to shortlist accurately against Job Specifications
We invite you to apply for our current vacancies advertised below. Should your CV be shortlisted, the relevant Consultant will contact you to discuss the position in more detail and book an appointment for an interview and screening process.
If you have not heard back from an Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultant within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Job TitleSenior Manager: Facilities Management
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 8 years
Job Published13 November 2023
Job Reference No.3516755359
The incumbent will be responsible for the execution and management of the organisation’s facilities management function in line with strategic mandate. The role focusses on strategy and governance, facilities management, contract management, budget management, customer/stakeholder management, monitoring and reporting, and building a professional team. The incumbent will therefore be responsible for overseeing the organisation’s Facilities Management portfolio which includes driving and managing functions relating to preventative property maintenance; adhoc property maintenance; internal infrastructure operations (water, electricity, etc.); installation and maintenance of fixtures; effective facilities management of organisational environment and immediate external environment and parameters; office premises cleaning, fumigation services and occupational health and safety services; procurement and contract management relating to security services; and interventions relating to emergency action response approval and associated repairs. The work of the incumbent shall thus entail overseeing and driving pre planning which includes assessment of the condition of facilities, determination of required works, costing and recommendations for inclusion of the same in budget processes, preparation of specifications for the required repairs & maintenance, monitoring of the performance of service providers and authorisation of payments. The incumbent will also be expected on annual basis to develop and ensure implementation of maintenance plans as well as reporting to the relevant structures.
- Post Graduate degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Built Environment with relevant professional registration / Pr Eng / Pr QS / Pr Arch.
- 8+ years relevant experience of which 5 years should be in the built environment or facilities maintenance/management at middle management or senior consultancy level.
- An in-depth understanding of facilities management, advanced project and maintenance management, sound understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and its application to the built environment; as well as working with multi-disciplinary teams is a pre-requisite.
Key Performance Areas:
Strategy and Governance
- Develop facilities management unit operational plans in line with the legislated requirements, and activities undertaken to ensure delivery.
- Provide input to the development of organisational strategy and Corporate Plan.
- Provide input into reviewing organisational activities and assist in recommending corrective actions if necessary.
- Develop strategy and guidelines for standardised operating procedures
- Oversee the implementation of business intelligence tools for effective facilities management.
- Develop procurement strategy for facilities unit in line with SCM policies and procedures.
- Implement controls within the section which minimize potential risk to stakeholders.
- Ensure monthly, quarterly, and annual reports are prepared accurately, maintained, and submitted timeously to all stakeholders.
- Participate in management forums within the organisation’s, contributing expertise to enable sound decision- making.
- Facilitate departmental communication through appropriate structures and systems.
- Ability to analyse data sets for decisions making.
Facilities Management (Controls and Systems)
- Develop facilities strategy, operational & maintenance plans, as well as facilities management processes and procedure manual.
- Develop guidelines for prioritisation of planned and unplanned maintenance and implement facilities management standards and roll out plans.
- Conduct needs analysis, design targeted interventions to build capacity to implement efficient property facilities management.
- Conduct research to understand ways in which technology can be leveraged for added value.
- Liaise with and support other colleagues within the unit to minimize conflicts and overlaps (clear demarcation of responsibilities) to ensure smooth operations and excellent service delivery.
- Adhere to all the SCM processes when procuring for services/products, and proper management of service providers.
- Identify potential risk within the section and implement mitigating measures.
- Develop rights and obligations for Service Level Agreements in respect of all building related service providers.
- Structure and negotiate complex transactions, guide resolutions regarding contractual issues, and finalise lease contracts.
- Identify, develop and maintain real estate industry contacts at the company’s events and press conferences in order to create market awareness.
- Facilitate the research and investigation necessary to maximise property rentals within the province.
- Conduct suitable and sufficient risk assessments for property rentals, record the findings and reduce risk to an acceptable level.
- Develop annual maintenance budget, and monitor disbursements against deliverables carried out.
- Manage and control the capital and operational budget of the Unit to ensure effective and efficient functioning within budgetary constraints of the organisation.
- Evaluate the unit’s performance against the approved budget and addressing deviations/variances.
- Authorise requisitions, payments, etc. regarding expenditure as delegated.
- Sound planning and forecasting of capital expenditure within area of responsibility
- Approve facilities and maintenance commitments / repairs submitted against approved budget.
- Develop financial controls for payment and reimbursement of tenant expenditure.
Customer / Stakeholder Management
- Stakeholder engagement and regular interaction with local municipalities and relevant authorities for resolution of major utility issues.
- Manage internal stakeholder engagement to inform facilities management planning and implementation approaches.
- Network and collaborate partnerships by building key strategic relationships to enhance leveraging of available resources and market the organisation’s property facilities management packages.
- Gauge the performance of projects and recommend areas that need improvement and changes to achieve the desired/expected outcomes.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Manage projects effectively, instruct remedial action for variations and deviations.
- Develop business processes for the unit to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Monitor the performance of facilities management unit expenditure against the approved budget.
- Prepare and present reports detailing the status of expenditure and availability of funds for current and short-term interventions.
- Identify and oversee continuous improvement initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of facilities management.
- Consolidate facilities management reports for adhoc and quarterly reports.
- Monitor and ensure that set targets, milestones and deliverables are completed timeously.
Building a Professional Team
- Assign responsibilities and ensure effective task authorisation protocols are in place.
- Implement staff development and training to enhance capabilities, competencies and achieve overall organisational objectives.
- Develop and implement succession plans to ensure business continuity, as well as conducting coaching and mentorship to enhance capabilities and motivate staff for maximum productivity.
- Adhere to employment equity and recruitment policies.
- Manage the performance of direct and indirect reports in accordance with the organisation’s performance management policy and procedure.