Vacancies & CV Portal
“Within our dreams and aspirations we found our opportunities”
– Sugar Ray Leonard
Your information is completely confidential, and only available to all our Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultants. Our Talent Acquisition Agents search the portal using key words and phrases to source candidates who meet the minimum requirements as specified by the Client. Please ensure your profile created is completed in full and in detail, in order for us to shortlist accurately against Job Specifications
We invite you to apply for our current vacancies advertised below. Should your CV be shortlisted, the relevant Consultant will contact you to discuss the position in more detail and book an appointment for an interview and screening process.
If you have not heard back from an Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultant within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Job TitleSenior Manager: Digital Solutions
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 8 years
Job Published13 November 2023
Job Reference No.3130303588
The role is responsible for leading, directing, and managing the Information and Communication Technology function of the Corporation. The role entails spearheading the implementation of core business and productivity support technologies and systems. The incumbent will be responsible for managing organisation-wide ICT infrastructure, networks, systems and applications support for the organisation and its business units. The incumbent will be responsible for the effective hosting, technical maintenance and systems and information protection for the organisation and its business units. The role will provide support to the organisation’s efforts relating to digital economy initiatives. The incumbent will also take charge of the identification, acquisition, and maintenance arrangements relating to ICT and ICT support infrastructure.
- A Postgraduate Degree in Information and Communication Technology or related field.
- 8+ years of working experience in an information technology environment
- 5+ years at a middle management or senior consultancy level.
Key Performance Areas:
Strategic Planning and Governance
- Provide input to the organisational strategy, as well as review organisational activities and recommend corrective actions if necessary.
- Develop unit operational plans and align all activities undertaken in the unit to ensure delivery of corporate objectives.
- Enhance and implement treasury regulation systems, processes, procedures, tools, and control systems.
- Ensure monthly, quarterly, and annual reports are prepared accurately, maintained, and submitted timeously to all stakeholders.
- Implement controls within the section which minimize potential risk to stakeholders.
- Manage preparation and support of all internal and external audits.
- Participate in management forums within the organisation, contributing expertise to enable sound decision-making.
- Facilitate departmental communication through appropriate structures and systems.
- Develop and manage relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
IT Strategic Planning, Development and Implementation
- Envision and deliver technology solutions and services that meet current and future business needs.
- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of the company as a member of the management team.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the organization.
- Produce performance reports on strategic activities for submission to the Executive Manager: Corporate Services and Board
- Provide strategic advice to the business pertaining to IT related matters
- Develop the IT implementation plan to facilitate strategy implementation by identifying key activities, deliverables and timeframes for implementation
- Plan and develop measures required to support the roll-out of enterprise finance aligned to operational plans and the organisation’s strategy
IT Management and Strategic Direction
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, and purchasing.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments.
- Develop, track and control the information and communication technology annual operating budget.
- Direct development and execution of company-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations and deployment.
- Ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations of the country, the city and the company.
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including government, vendors, and partner organizations.
- Collaborate with the departmental heads to develop and maintain a technology plan that supports organizational needs.
- Collaborate with senior management to recommend and approve procedural and security standards for information and communication technology functions to protect the security of the company data.
- Analyse and improve upon technology standards across the company to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market.
- Act as primary liaison for the company’s technology vision via regular written and in-person communications with the company’s Board of Directors, Executives, department heads, and end users.
Contract Management and IT Governance
- Manage the contracts of service providers by drafting the correct scope in the contract, identifying service level standards and contract requirements and monitoring compliance with the contract as required
- Manage contractual non-performance by addressing the non-compliance with the service providers, implementing corrective action in line with the contract and taking any necessary steps to resolve the issue or terminate the contract as required
- Develop IT governance policies and frameworks
- Produce performance quarterly reports to the IT Steering Committee and monthly operational reports to the Executive Manager: Corporate Service:
- Identify risk and formulate risk-mitigating strategies
- Identity broad risk for the organisation
- Identify specific IT risk
- Formulate strategies to deal with the risk
- Manage the execution of risk mitigation strategies and controls
- Manage the alignment of IT policies and procedures to the legislative framework
Architectural Project Management
- Lead creative approaches to problems solving, as well as the development of quality deliverables, supporting IT Architecture strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to translate strategic requirements into a usable and living IT architecture that is managed using various artefacts such as technology information models
- Respond to change and lead multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direction
- Server as a thought leader, mentor and advocate of best practices concerning IT architecture and technology
- Provide IT architecture oversight and support to solution delivery teams
- Ensure that all IT architecture design and analysis work is documented and stored appropriately
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of the emerging trends in technology
- Apply learning in the establishment of new innovative technology solutions supporting business needs
- Proactively monitor practical initiatives embarked upon within the organisation which affect IT architecture and technology management, and managing any negative implications
Budget Management of Unit
- Manage, control the capital and operational budget of the Unit to ensure effective and efficient functioning within budgetary constraints of the organisation
- Evaluate the unit’s performance against the approved budget and addressing deviations/variances.
- Monitor, recommend and implement corrective measures to rectify deviations/acts contrary to budgetary provisions, financial regulations, audit requirements and departmental procedures.
- Authorise requisitions, payments, etc. regarding expenditure as delegated.
- Prepare and present reports detailing the status of expenditure and availability of funds for current and short-term interventions.
- Prepare budget transfer requests and submit for approval.
- Sound planning and forecasting of capital expenditure within area of responsibility.
- Assign responsibilities and ensure effective task authorisation protocols are in place.
- Implement staff development and training to achieve overall organisational objectives.
- Develop and implement succession plans.
- Adhere to employment equity and recruitment policies.
- Manage the performance of direct and indirect reports in accordance with the organisation’s performance management policy and procedure.
- Identify training and development needs, implementing plans to address requirements, as appropriate.
- Manage discipline and absenteeism in accordance with organizational codes and procedures.
- Motivate staff through the implementation of various reward mechanisms.
Customer and Stakeholder Management
- Conduct stakeholder mapping and relationship building sessions for purposes of establishing expectations and feedback on the organisation’s regional performance.
- Build and lead an effective team that works collaboratively with others toward achieving organisational goals.
- Gauge the performance of various teams and recommend areas that need improvement and changes to achieve the expected targets.
- Identify and facilitate staff development and training interventions to achieve overall organisational objectives.
- Provide exemplary advice and support to the CEO, Board and Senior Management team in relation to stakeholder engagement issues and activities.
- Arrange, attend, and contribute to meetings with key stakeholders and manage expectations.