Vacancies & CV Portal
“Within our dreams and aspirations we found our opportunities”
– Sugar Ray Leonard
Your information is completely confidential, and only available to all our Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultants. Our Talent Acquisition Agents search the portal using key words and phrases to source candidates who meet the minimum requirements as specified by the Client. Please ensure your profile created is completed in full and in detail, in order for us to shortlist accurately against Job Specifications
We invite you to apply for our current vacancies advertised below. Should your CV be shortlisted, the relevant Consultant will contact you to discuss the position in more detail and book an appointment for an interview and screening process.
If you have not heard back from an Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultant within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Job TitleLogistics Manager
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 5 years
Job Published09 February 2024
Job Reference No.2836391228
Job Purpose: To manage – plan, lead, control & monitor the full logistics function of the plant in order to achieve company objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or related qualification
- 5 years’ working experience Supply chain, Automotive Industry will be an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in managerial role
Key Perfromance Areas
- Logistics Strategy:
- Assist with the development of the logistics strategic plan (Supply Chain) and ensure implementation.
- Provide strategic and change leadership to the logistic function and teams.
- Plan Raw Material requirements on a current and forecast basic to meet production demand.
- Manage item master data (Order multiples, planning periods, lead times, etc.) in order to optimise stock holding.
- Manage Logistics operations
- Monitor engineering changes and plan run-in and run-out programmes
- Manage Raw material and finished product stocks
- Process and control logistics documentation.
- Obtain customer release
- Calculate material requirement based on future demand
- Create production plan
- Load production plan
- Control internal transportation
- Ensure outbound logistics in controlled and customer requirement are dispatched on time,
- Develop/activate the MRP system
- Optimise the use of the delivery vehicles by ensuring on time in full deliveries
- Running of stock takes
- Managing of stores and related functions
- Maintaining a revenue versus cost for each truck load sent out
- Manage and reduce aged stock
- Ensure employee engagement and discipline management
- Benchmark logistics processes against best practices
- Keep up to date with latest trends/ developments in Logistics management and adopt best practices
- Identify opportunities for process/system improvements
- Implement best business practices and principles
- Participate in productivity improvement initiatives with suppliers
- Analyse and interpret Logistics reports and statistical data
- Production reporting