Vacancies & CV Portal
“Within our dreams and aspirations we found our opportunities”
– Sugar Ray Leonard
Your information is completely confidential, and only available to all our Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultants. Our Talent Acquisition Agents search the portal using key words and phrases to source candidates who meet the minimum requirements as specified by the Client. Please ensure your profile created is completed in full and in detail, in order for us to shortlist accurately against Job Specifications
We invite you to apply for our current vacancies advertised below. Should your CV be shortlisted, the relevant Consultant will contact you to discuss the position in more detail and book an appointment for an interview and screening process.
If you have not heard back from an Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultant within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Job TitleTechnical Operations Manager (Automotive Logistics)
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience6 to 8 years
Job Published04 February 2024
Job Reference No.2762732608
Established National Automotive Logistics Company, Is looking for a Technical Operations Manager to join their management team, and lead their operations at the East London site.
Overview of the role:
Responsible for managing and motivating all services’ staff and other personnel. Ensure delivery of a high level, quality service, and on time delivery of service vehicles to ensure growth and expansion to achieve targets.
- Electronics or Mechanical Trade Test / Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Must have previous OEM production experience.
- 5+ years working experience in the same or similar position.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels (both internal and external customers)
- Technical fitment knowledge required.
- Proven record of planning and executing projects related to operations.
- Effective management of staff (over 80 employees at 1 site)
- Effective utilisation of resources to run lean operations.
- Must have sound computer knowledge and applications at an advance level (Full MS Office Suite)
Responsible for overseeing the entire CMS Operation:
- Manage the contract with the client whilst maintaining profitability and productivity in the operations
- Plan, implement and monitor annual budgets for the entire site, scheduling expenditures, analyzing and reporting on variances and taking appropriate corrective actions to compensate for variances
- Management of financial and administration requirements
- Ensure SOPs as well as KPI measures are developed, implemented and adhered to optimize operational functioning
- Compile various reports including KPI reports monthly and submit these to relevant personnel
- Ensure CMS maintains sufficient resources to meet customer demands
- Ensure campaigns and blocks, standardized fitments, INQA reworks and overall inventory (bubble) & WIP management targets are met strictly in accordance with customer scope
- Ensure operations adhere to SHEQ and ISO standards, 5S and Gemba principles high priority
- Ensure operations strive to fulfil BBBEE such as procurement and recruitment objectives
- Ensure to manage CMS workshop (and in-plant areas), Equipment and Storage yard maintenance
Promoting customer relations:
- Maintain good relationships with external and internal customers and handle any customer complaints according to procedure.
- Promote interdepartmental cooperation and synergies.
- Attend and participate in daily morning meetings at Plant level with customer management.
- Review customer service orders and inspect the quality of technician repairs before the release of vehicles.
- Develop, implement, and monitor guidelines for working with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- To support Contracts Manager to grow Technical Portfolio, to have an entrepreneurial mindset to find new business and act swiftly on projects and spot opportunities.
Manage all productive staff effectively and efficiently:
- Plan and adjust staff workloads and allocate daily tasks and activities to staff by assigning tasks to match their skills and abilities.
- Provide advice and technical assistance to team members.
- Ensure all operations staff adhere to Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure all staff are adequately trained in terms of their duties, the use of various products & equipment, aligned with OEM/customer expectations, standards, and requirements.
- Using the Performance Management system to ensure all staff are appraised on the performance and given sufficient training, coaching, and mentoring where applicable.
- Ensure all new staff are properly inducted on all matters such as work facilities, policies, procedures, equipment use and job descriptions.
- Ensure all department employees’ clocking’s are authorized and time sheets are submitted to payroll on a weekly basis
- Ensure corrective action is taken on employees who do not comply with policies and procedures of the company.
- To foster a team environment of inclusivity and transparency.
- Ensure the department adheres to ISO 9001 Quality Processes and standards.
- Ensure the department adheres to ISO 14001 Environmental Processes and standards.
- Ensure the department adheres to ISO 18001 Health and Safety standards