Vacancies & CV Portal
“Within our dreams and aspirations we found our opportunities”
– Sugar Ray Leonard
Your information is completely confidential, and only available to all our Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultants. Our Talent Acquisition Agents search the portal using key words and phrases to source candidates who meet the minimum requirements as specified by the Client. Please ensure your profile created is completed in full and in detail, in order for us to shortlist accurately against Job Specifications
We invite you to apply for our current vacancies advertised below. Should your CV be shortlisted, the relevant Consultant will contact you to discuss the position in more detail and book an appointment for an interview and screening process.
If you have not heard back from an Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultant within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 5 years
Job Published02 November 2023
Job Reference No.2497085633
The duties of this role include preparing of management accounts, managing the cash flow and income statement, maintaining the fixed asset register and depreciation thereof, preparing year-end journals and preparation of audit files as well as preparing of financial statements. This position reports in to the Senior Accountant / Finance Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an equivalent
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to manage a team and carry out day to day Accountant duties
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Able to handle large volumes of work including stock management.
- Ability to manage a remote team while ensuring that targets are met
- Responsible for accounting for daily Creditors and Debtors transactions
- Responsible in ensuring month-end reconciliations and reports are completed
- Full control of Fixed Assets – approval; maintaining asset register; scrapings; revalue; recon to GL
- Responsible for ensuring financial Year-end audit is carried out efficiently and successfully
- Making sure that costing and controls are in place and adhered to
- Preparing monthly management accounts
- Analysis and investigation of variances
- Calculation of depreciation
- Managing provisions and accruals
- Reviewing creditor’s reconciliations
- Processing Journals
- Reviewing of payments
- Preparing the audit file and ensuring compliance
- Monitor & reconcile all projects – new builds and remodels
- Monitor monthly costs per store per budget.
- Recon head office/Franchise Head Sales vs Royalties vs Income Statement
- Any other ad hoc duties
- Supervising remotely: General finance staff – creditors; cash controls; bank accounts; oversee/prep all Balance Sheet recons
- Analysing and investigation of variances to bring attention to ops team and propose possible reasons to the variances
- Judgment and decision making around managing finance team and daily routines
- To keep up to date with country finance laws to ensure compliance and advise
- Advanced numerical skills and statistical skills
- The capacity to arrange the availability and allocation of resources, the utilisation of control systems as well as the delegation and co-ordination of tasks and duties of individuals and groups.
- To plan, prioritise and systemise the action in line with required resources.
- Capacity to focus on and achieve standards of service which comply with the highest expectations of clients