Vacancies & CV Portal
“Within our dreams and aspirations we found our opportunities”
– Sugar Ray Leonard
Your information is completely confidential, and only available to all our Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultants. Our Talent Acquisition Agents search the portal using key words and phrases to source candidates who meet the minimum requirements as specified by the Client. Please ensure your profile created is completed in full and in detail, in order for us to shortlist accurately against Job Specifications
We invite you to apply for our current vacancies advertised below. Should your CV be shortlisted, the relevant Consultant will contact you to discuss the position in more detail and book an appointment for an interview and screening process.
If you have not heard back from an Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultant within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Job TitleTechnical Manager
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience6 to 8 years
Job Published30 January 2024
Job Reference No.2057959436
Lead the Technical, Engineering, Maintenance and Project Management functions to achieve company objectives.
• National Diploma or Degree Mechanical/ Industrial Engineering
• 6-8 years’ experience in a similar role
• Experience in Project Management / Quality Management / Engineering
Key Performance Areas
• Support in the growth of the business through effective management of projects
• Support in the improvement of the business through effective management of continuous improvement plans
• Support in the sustainability of the business through effective management of equipment, product validation and controls
• Responsible for development of new products and processes
• Identify opportunities for improvement with internal and external customers; propose alternative solutions
• Contribute to project feasibility, initiation, scope definition and scope change control
• Provide Technical support to manufacturing for improvement of production efficiencies, alternate raw materials, technologies and processes
• Commission machinery and equipment and validate new products and processes
• Conduct research and development of new/existing technologies, products and processes
• Support Production in developing best practice methods to improve productivity
• Audit processes to ensure compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety, Quality Assurance, and best business practice requirements
• Ensure compliance to all legal and statutory requirements.
• Develop and execute Continuous Improvement Programs (CIP) with a cost down mind-set and quality focused.
• Develop, record and present department specific KPI’s.
• Develop and execute departmental training needs analysis.
• Manage and improve relationships with internal and external customers
• Develop department specific budgets and Monitor performance against budget (expense control, variance analysis, corrective actions)
• Initiate investment requests for new business, technology, improvement and corrective plans
• Conduct project feasibility studies to establish the viability of proposed projects
• Participate in the Audit process
• Adhere to Financial policies and procedures
• Protect company assets (working capital & fixed assets)
• Detect and prevent fraud
• Promote good Corporate Governance
• Adhere to and enforce compliance to company SHEQ policy.
• Identify potential hazards and critical safety issues in the workplace.
• Address workplace hazards and risks immediately
• Work safely and use safety equipment.
• Comply with the requirements of the Quality Management Systems.
Policies and Procedures:
• Operate according to standard operating procedures and within the parameters of applicable legislation.