Vacancies & CV Portal
“Within our dreams and aspirations we found our opportunities”
– Sugar Ray Leonard
Your information is completely confidential, and only available to all our Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultants. Our Talent Acquisition Agents search the portal using key words and phrases to source candidates who meet the minimum requirements as specified by the Client. Please ensure your profile created is completed in full and in detail, in order for us to shortlist accurately against Job Specifications
We invite you to apply for our current vacancies advertised below. Should your CV be shortlisted, the relevant Consultant will contact you to discuss the position in more detail and book an appointment for an interview and screening process.
If you have not heard back from an Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultant within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 5 years
SalaryR30000 to R35000
Job Published14 November 2023
Job Reference No.1917227093
To ensure that all moulds and tools are processed through the tool room timeously and to a standard that will allow them to be run by production with minimal rejects.
- Must be in possession of a Grade 12 School Leaving Certificate
- Must be a Trade Tested Toolmaker or Fitter/Turner Machinist
- The Candidate must have sound knowledge of Pneumatics, welding, turning, milling and preferably CNC experience
- 5 years working experience in an Automotive Manufacturing environment.
- Ensuring that tools/moulds made in the Toolroom comply with ALL stipulated requirements.
- Ensure that tooling projects are completed within set timing constraints by clearly defined instructions and monitoring of staff.
- Planning for resource and material requirements.
- Staying within set budget parameters for tools/moulds. Tool/Mould Maintenance
- Maintain and Repair all Tooling/Moulds used in the group so as to ensure minimal rejects or foam wastage.
- Develop new tooling or modify existing tooling when required
- Diagnose and repair faults on tooling during the production run
- Manufacture basic tooling and production tooling to drawing or sample part
- Move, lift, lower and look after tooling Process/Productivity Improvements
- Identify areas for improvement on Tool/Mould design and manufacture with a reduction in rejects and shortened lead time as the end result. Fabrication
- Develop and fabricate from complex drawings
- Mechanically cut, drill and punch fabrication materials
- Join metals using the resistance welding process, Weld work piece (oxy-acetylene welding, shielded metal arc welding, gas metal arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding)
- Remove metals using oxy-fuel and air-carbon arc gouging processes
- Ensure all equipment/machine tools are maintained and that tool room housekeeping is of a high standard at all times Maintenance Process (Scheduled)
- Receive Maintenance Schedules, interpret instructions and plan maintenance and repair work
- Inspect the tooling and determine spares and consumables requirements
- Generate Job Requisitions for scheduled maintenance work (type of repair or maintenance, spares, quantities, time, etc.)
- Transport tools, equipment and spares to the work site
- Isolate equipment, perform lockouts and make the work area safe
- Conduct Preventive Maintenance activities
- Perform change overs in the production environment
- Perform routine maintenance
- Align machines and equipment
- Diagnose and repair faults on equipment and machinery during production/operation
- Commission and refurbish machines / equipment
- Operate and monitor a drilling machine to produce components
- Operate and monitor a lathe to produce components
- Operate and monitor a milling machine to produce components
- Operate and monitor a surface grinding machine to produce components
- Perform basic welding/joining of metals
- Perform MIG/TIG welding of metals