Vacancies & CV Portal
“Within our dreams and aspirations we found our opportunities”
– Sugar Ray Leonard
Your information is completely confidential, and only available to all our Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultants. Our Talent Acquisition Agents search the portal using key words and phrases to source candidates who meet the minimum requirements as specified by the Client. Please ensure your profile created is completed in full and in detail, in order for us to shortlist accurately against Job Specifications
We invite you to apply for our current vacancies advertised below. Should your CV be shortlisted, the relevant Consultant will contact you to discuss the position in more detail and book an appointment for an interview and screening process.
If you have not heard back from an Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultant within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Job TitleProduction Supervisor
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 5 years
Job Published30 January 2024
Job Reference No.136765906
The purpose of the job is to supervise, organise, control and lead the safe execution of all activities in the plant production processes and to ensure the achievement of production and quality targets in accordance with production plans.
• National Diploma in Chemical Engineering
• 3 years’ supervisory experience in an Automotive manufacturing environment.
• Schedule and monitor Production activities
• Schedule and arrange change-overs according to Production Plans (change-over sequence, tool changes, cutting knives, water jet nests etc.)
• Maintain manufacturing /production efficiencies
• Ensures correct start-up procedures are complied with and that machinery is running at the start of the shift
• Balance the production lines (manning levels)
• Monitor the achievement of daily production targets
• Investigate and resolve manufacturing related problems and sub-standard performance
• Set up ancillary process equipment for the manufacturing operations
• Prepare, set and adjust manufacturing and production machine conditions to achieve output at the correct quality and quantity.
• FIRST- OFF Production parts monitored in conjunction with the Quality Assurance dept.
• Control the manufacturing/production processes
• Adjust and maintain production processes and machinery
• Take corrective action where necessary
• Responsible for the quality of production. Where there are any quality problems, utilises previous experience as well as the technical expertise of the quality control department and process engineering to resolve problems
• Responsible for displaying the latest level of work instructions
• Complies with all statutory requirements.
• Ensures that all hand tools are in good working condition.
• Monitor the level of production material to ensure sufficient material to support production
• Supervises monthly stock countsand ensure records are correctly entered
• Count stock for integrity checks (check product condition during the count)
• Handle and care for materials
• Identify rejects and process waste
• Report material issues/concerns
• Anticipate and troubleshoot machine functionality
• Monitor maintenance of manufacturing equipment, tooling and equipment
• Inform responsible person/s of equipment/tooling breakdown and raise Job requisitions
• Prepare mould changes as required by the production plan, including requisite paperwork
• Perform minor machine repairs to reduce machine downtime
• Identify opportunities for improvements
• Apply continuous improvement principles – eg. kaizen
• Coach and counsel people to ensure improved levels of performance
• Ensure discipline is maintained in the department – manage absenteeism, late-coming, overtime, misconducts, etc.
• Resolve grievances & disputes
• Plan and facilitate on the job training and multi-skilling of production teams on a continuous basis. Motivate production operators continuously of correct work practices and provide on the job training of new production operators
• Attend all meetings and training courses as requested. Ensure all subordinates attend required training courses
• Ensure SACO payroll submissions are done accurately and timeously, including clockings and exceptions
• Report issues/concerns with the SACO time & attendance system to the Payroll department
• Manage Production overtime schedules to ensure compliance with the MIBCO Main Agreement
• Report any overtime exemptions (>than 10 hours per week and 60 hours per month) to the HR Department
• Ensure safe working conditions and the application of safe working practices in all areas of the department. Report any unsafe equipment, working conditions and practices to the Production Manager.
• Ensure machines and production areas are kept clean and tidy at all times in accordance with good housekeeping principles.
• Ensure that all safe working procedures are adhered to by subordinates at all times.
• Ensure availability and correct use of protective clothing and equipment
• Ensure all safety devices in the plant are operating correctly.