Vacancies & CV Portal
“Within our dreams and aspirations we found our opportunities”
– Sugar Ray Leonard
Your information is completely confidential, and only available to all our Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultants. Our Talent Acquisition Agents search the portal using key words and phrases to source candidates who meet the minimum requirements as specified by the Client. Please ensure your profile created is completed in full and in detail, in order for us to shortlist accurately against Job Specifications
We invite you to apply for our current vacancies advertised below. Should your CV be shortlisted, the relevant Consultant will contact you to discuss the position in more detail and book an appointment for an interview and screening process.
If you have not heard back from an Abantu Staffing Solutions Consultant within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Job TitleDevOps Engineer – (2-year FTC) - Remote
Experience2 to 5 years
Job Published20 February 2024
Job Reference No.1180653540
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to support within our IT4SC DevOps Capability. The DevOps Engineer will support with the implementation of DevOps CI/CD templates, processes, support and operation.
All activities are to be performed in compliance to the Company’s Integrity & Anti Bribery codes, Conflict of interest policy & S.H.E.Q. requirement and is to perform delegated S.H.E.Q. tasks and duties and to is to report deviations.
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum NQF 7 – BSC/BCom/BTech in Information Technology, Information Systems Engineering or Computer Science or relevant equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience in IT
- At least 6 months participation in an automotive IT Graduate Development Programme
Essential Experience in the following Technologies and Practices
- Experience with continuous integration implementation (Azure DevOps Pipelines/Jenkins)
- Experience with continuous deployment/delivery (Azure DevOps Pipelines/Jenkins)
- Understanding of CI/CD Pipeline management process
- Experience with containerisation (Kubernetes/Docker)
- Experience with Source Code Management tool (Gitlab/ Github /Azure Devops Repo)
- Experience with version control
- Experience with minimum 1 development language
- Experience with minimum 1 scripting language
- Understanding of the Software Delivery Lifecycle
Not essential but would be viable
- Experience with infrastructure automation and configuration tools
- Experience with programming languages would be advantageous,
- Knowledge of unit, integration and functionality testing of software applications.
- Knowledge in public cloud networking
- Experience with artefact repository (Azure Artifacts/JFrog)
- Experience in Cloud technology: IaaS, PaaS
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Public cloud deployment models
- Experience with Linux OS
- Collaborate with Architects, QA, Security and Developers to design and implement
- DevOps practices across product delivery.
- Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines for product components.
- Implement and design automated product builds
- Implement and design automated deployments of product releases to various environments stages
- Integrate various tools in the DevOps toolchain to accelerate development teams’ velocity while maintaining high standards for quality and consistency
- Attend to support tickets, which may arise due to product components not functioning as expected.
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation of the product.
- Manage and attain customer expectations and ensure delivery to fulfil expectations.
- Manage ideas from design stage through implementation.
- Promote innovations to support business requirements through activities that test, pilot and implement innovative concepts
- Responsible for support and troubleshooting DevOps tools and processes for stakeholders