|Job title:||Practice Manager: Rehabilitation Unit|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 10 years|
|Job published:||25 January 2021|
|Job reference no:||3347068040|
A vacancy will exist for a Practice Manager for the Rehabilitation Unit within a Private Hospital Group, based in East London. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating clinical practice and resources within the unit to achieve the company and hospital objectives of quality, growth and people. The successful candidate will report to the Hospital Manager.
- Degree or Diploma in nursing
- Current registration with SANC
- Previous nursing management experience of at least 5 years in general nursing.
- ICU/Emergency and/or rehabilitation experience in a clinical setting is an advantage.
- Proof of current ACLS certificate
- Proven leadership and people management skill and the ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams
- Clear understanding of labour legislation, financial and chain management principles
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
Key Performance Areas:
Effective clinical leadership
- Lead the implementation of the nursing care plan and co-ordinate and facilitate the delivery of the correct treatment plan within the correct MDT program in order to achieve clinical outcomes.
- Function as clinical expert in achieving patient outcomes.
- Ensure competence of staff and students, determine and drive criteria for effective professional socialization, create an environment conducive to learning and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Promote customer satisfaction within unit, address customer complaints, conduct quality care rounds and clinical practice audits to monitor care levels and report accordingly.
- Implement national quality initiatives within unit with the focus on improved clinical outcomes and report accordingly.
- Identify clinical and safety risks and trends in all of the above, implement corrective action where necessary and monitor on an ongoing basis.
- Initiate and drive unit specific best operating practice, communicate these for wider implementation and participate in hospital specific marketing initiatives.
Effective leadership and people management
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of the group’s values, operating model, Nursing strategy and image of the profession, actively sponsor the group’s initiatives and projects to ensure continued and improved productivity.
- Drive and manage all people related processes within unit.
- Contribute to positive relationships amongst all members of the Rehabilitation team
Effective financial management (including equipment)
- Participate in business planning and budgeting processes and manage staffing costs according to budget.
- Manage stock utilization and drive product management processes within unit together with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure staff are trained on the operation of equipment within unit and together with relevant stakeholders ensure equipment is in working order to provide a safe environment.
Effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. HOD’s, Enabling functions, patients, family members, service providers etc.) through ongoing communication and feedback.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with doctors by agreeing professional code of conduct, driving and monitoring effective communication regarding positive patient outcomes, functioning as an advocate for the group and communicate impact of industry challenges on the Nursing profession.
- Driving of internal and external CPD’s to promote rehabilitation as a specialized nursing pathway.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Action orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour