|Job title:||Manufacturing Engineer - Injection Moulding|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 15 years|
|Job published:||15 June 2021|
|Job reference no:||990319983|
We are looking for applications from suitably qualified people who meet the following job specifications and is ready for the challenge to set their career in motion now! Collaborate with a small team of people in execution of daily production tasks, work scheduling, training, maintenance and in continuous improvement.
- Troubleshoot and adjust moulding parameters to maintain quality and maximum product output.
- Ensure the optimal operation of injection moulding machines, grippers and feeding systems.
- Optimize all tools and equipment to ensure sustained quality in the production process.
- Provide assistance to maintenance functions, including but not limited to preventive, corrective and emergency maintenance on all injection moulding equipment.
- Perform problem-solving to develop corrective actions for issues and to initiate continuous improvement plans.
- Assist with tooling spares control.
- Ensure timeous completion of projects.
- Ensure upskilling of all staff with regards to tooling and injection techniques.
- Training of personnel on SMED and process setup.
- Develop and implement engineering systems and procedures for injection moulding processes.
- Ensure that the required lockout procedure is adhered to before any work on machines or equipment, the (Lockout Tagout system) describes the details of the process to ensure the safety of all.
- Control of process parameter sheets.
- Continued updates to PFMEA.
- Creation and revision of written works instructions.
Required Experience / Education:
- Minimum Grade 12 / Matric.
- Qualified Artisan (Example: Trade tested Toolmaker/Millwright) will be advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in plastic injection or toolmaking specific to automotive components.
- Formal training in Injection Moulding Plastics technology an advantage.
- Familiar with project management principles.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Proficiency in pneumatics, hydraulics and electronics is an advantage.
- Knowledge on seals, pumps and bearings an advantage.
- Critical thinking and innovation
- Decision making/problem solving skills
- Ability to cope with stressful situations