|Job title:||Logistics Specialist|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||3 to 5 years|
|Job published:||27 July 2021|
|Job reference no:||915054849|
To coordinate and plan production requirements based on customer demands and order priorities. Forecast and control raw material requirements and procurement. Ensure on time finished goods deliveries to end customer. Logistics of all inbound and outbound materials. Receiving and dispatch.
· Grade 12 School Leaving Certificate
· National Diploma in Logistics Management/Supply Chain
· At least 3 years in Logistics in an Automotive Environment.
· Extensive knowledge of MRP systems. Mingle/BPCS/LX as an added advantage.
Key Performance Areas
· Receive customer demand and verify accuracy weekly.
· Analyse and understand changes from previous release.
· Discuss and agree release changes with customers taking into account supplier lead time and transport.
· Ensure on time in full deliveries to customers.
· Plan raw material/component requirements based on demand.
· Issue Raw Material / Component forecasts to suppliers weekly, monthly and yearly.
· Ensure on time in full deliveries of raw materials.
· Track all shipments to ensure on time ETA’s.
· Administer supplier purchase orders including prices.
· Assist with supplier scorecards.
- Coordinate and monitor the receiving of Goods and raw materials into Fixed Stock Locations and dispatch of finished goods from finished goods location.
- Maintain required inventory and finished goods stock levels.
· Ensure the inventory control method of FIFO is adhered to.
· Manage and implement the Logistics Quality Assurance systems.
· Notify the quality department of any quality non-conformances which may lead to Customer complaints
· Improve employee’s awareness within the department of Quality Targets and Objectives.
- Ensure correct stock handling.
· Move, pack and maintain stock in the warehouse.
· Receive Stores Requisitions and coordinate issuing.
· Assist with processing of rejects on system.
· Assist with Production planning and Data control.
- Co-Ordinate stock count based on Stock Take procedure.
- Manage integrity of count.
- Check stock condition during the count.
- Investigate Variances
· Ensure maintenance of required finished good stock levels.
· Follow up on any outstanding POD’s.
· Support simplification and standardization of processes to accelerate logistics and enhance efficiencies.
· Head team to develop, articulate and maintain logistic process documentation.
· Implement quality and customer service standards, resolve problems and identify warehouse system improvements.
· Develop and initiate monthly reports to track departmental objectives.
· Reduce Cost and waste
· Manage all inventory to optimal levels.
· Manage Net Working Capital
- Ensure an enabling climate/culture.
- Ensure a safe, secure and legal working environment.
- Manage individual, team and departmental performance to achieve organisational objectives.
- Determine the training needs of the Department.
- Coach and counsel people to ensure improved performance levels
- Ensure discipline is maintained in department (absenteeism, lateness, overtime, misconduct, etc.)
- Resolve grievances and disputes