|Job title:||Commodities Buyer - Automotive|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||3 to 5 years|
|Job published:||22 May 2020|
|Job reference no:||494654972|
A committed purchasing professional with a passion for the motor industry who is able to plan, source, develop, introduce and maintain local and export parts in order to achieve a commercially competitive advantage.
- The identification and development of local and import parts and tooling in order to meet project requirements.
- Establish benchmark pricing and perform value analysis to ensure competitiveness.
- Conduct quotes and sourcing activities via various purchasing systems and prepare and present recommendations for managerial decision-making purposes.
- Seek and develop new supply sources, nationally and internationally.
- Negotiate supplier price adjustments.
- Negotiate and maintain commercial contracts with suppliers.
- Perform capacity planning to ensure supplier tooling and facilities can adequately support production requirements.
- Incorporate engineering changes or quality improvements into existing components.
- Identify local sources of supply for potential export components to the Group.
- Prime project management accountability for ensuring components are approved by Engineering or Quality and introduced into production or exported.
- Have a recognized university Degree / Diploma in the following disciplines – Purchasing, Logistics, Commerce, Finance, Business Management
- Have a minimum of 3 years Commodity Purchasing experience in the automotive or supplier industry
- Experience with Exterior / Powertrain Commodities would be an added advantage
- Possess negotiation and problem solving skills
- Have a good understanding of MIDP, APDP and NIPP principles
- Have the ability to communicate across all levels
- Have good presentation skills
- Demonstrate above average computer literacy, especially MS Office package