|Job title:||Financial Manager (Namibia)|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||3 to 7 years|
|Salary:||R30000 to R35000|
|Job published:||27 February 2020|
|Job reference no:||4128098356|
An established and growing fast-food industry company, representing an international brand, is seeking to employ a Financial Manager, to oversee and supervise the accounts department within the Namibian business unit. The ideal candidate will have a strong financial technical background, with good operational experience and be able to put processes in place to better the work performance of the team. The position reports into Head Office, and supervises Finance Clerks directly, and a Stock Controller in-directly.
Purpose of the position:
Provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; prepare reports; support the general manager and supervise accounts department.
- 5 years applicable work experience
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting
- Fluent in English
- Proven experience in Corporate Finance
- Working experience in Pastel Partner
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel advanced and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Namibian citizen
Responsibilities / Job Functions:
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information. This includes all balance sheet reconciliations ensuring accuracy and completeness of the accounting records.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures and / or instructions.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Insurance - Claims & Follow up
- Follow up on variances between sales and banking (shortages/over-banking)
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. This includes the review of work and supervising the staff.
- Preparing for audit and run the audit process.
- Taxation knowledge of the country
- Preparing budget and financial forecasts.
- Conduct month-end and year-end close process including preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Work under pressure and meet all the monthly deadlines.
- Any other adhoc duties.
Competencies / Skills:
- Reporting Skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Reporting Research Results
- High level of confidentiality
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Data Entry Management
- General Math Skills
- Strong creative outlook
- Strong belief of company's "work together" principles and culture
- Drive culture through team work and office dynamics