|Job title:||Warehouse Manager|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||4 to 6 years|
|Job published:||21 September 2020|
|Job reference no:||4095812891|
Purpose of the Job:
- To oversee and manage the safe receipt, storage, retrieval, and timely dispatch of goods. Ensure workplace health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the building of all stock, including pallets and boards.
- Plan the arrangement of goods within the warehouse and organise special requirements for certain stock.
- Ensure productivity targets are met and maintain computerised administration systems.
- Manage teams of workers and deal with personnel issues.
- Manage picking, packing and distribution activity.
- Develops warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping.
- Planning and implementing the efficient use of warehouse space.
- Maintaining the efficient levels of stock mix per SKU, as per business requirements.
- Ensuring that all customer orders are dispatch IN FULL.
- Able to carry out any other reasonable instruction.
Key Performance Areas:
- Management of Warehouse Cost (Financial & Budget)
- Business Acumen and analytical skill
- Management of Stock Variances and damages
- Management of returns from customers (Internal and external customer management impact)
- Management of Pallets and CHEP Pallets
- Management of people (Care and Growth)
- Operational Efficiency
- Stock Management
Education, experience and competencies required:
- Grade 12 or an equivalent qualification
- Warehouse / Supply Chain / Inventory Management Degree or related
- 5 years’ experience in Warehouse or Supply Chain Management
- 4 years’ experience in FMCG
- The ability to solve problems, manage change, strategic planning and make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer creative solutions
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Strong leadership talent, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Project Management
- Extensive knowledge or understanding of NAV or SAP
- Ability to assist in production planning based on ROS