|Job title:||Injection Moulding Specialist|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||3 to 5 years|
|Job published:||06 October 2020|
|Job reference no:||4063490043|
The role of an Injection Moulding Specialist is to implement, validate and improve the injection process, respecting objectives set in terms of Quality, Cost and Delivery, train the Injection Setters in Plant.
Main responsibilities are as follows:
- Follow the start-up of all injection machines on site in order to get best standards and best practices.
- Prepare the initial samples with Plant and Project team for the final customer according quality standard and time schedule.
- Put on the control and insure the stability of production.
- Examine the feasibility of all new injection processes and new products and validate all improvements before to start in production mode.
- Train and coach the Injection setters in plant.
- Contribute, in liaison with the Maintenance Supervisor, to improve the maintenance procedures.
- Propose and implement continuous productivity (SMED, CIG…) and quality (scrap) improvement actions concerning injection process.
- Manage the technical processes, parameters and tooling for the relevant processes.
- Set and control process parameters.
- Lead the QRCI process to investigate quality concerns caused by process and/or equipment.
- Integrate ergonomic principles in equipment and plant layout.
- Support maintenance in root cause analysis for equipment failures.
- Review of Process Flow Diagrams.
- Lead the FMEA process.
- Manage the product interface with Product Development.
- Contribute to the Engineering Change process.
- Support continuous improvement activities.
- Define and update cycle times in line with planned takt times.
- Define product specification and support the tooling and equipment buy-off process with all the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure continuous improvement by capitalizing on lessons learnt and provide best practices using the available tools.
- Closely liaise with division & BG technology specialist to ensure standards are applied and maintained.
- Continuously research changes in technological advancement in order to keep up with changes.
- Strictly adhere to BG & Division reporting standards and deadlines.
- Support with services of equipment.
- After hours support to any process or maintenance issues
Minimum Requirements :
- National Diploma or other relevant qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an Injection Moulding Specialist, inclusive of extensive material qualities knowledge (essential)
- Toolmaking experience
- Strong robotic programming skills essential
- Good technical product and process knowledge
- Strong communication skills in the English language