|Job title:||Logistics Planner|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 10 years|
|Job published:||02 December 2021|
|Job reference no:||4035401736|
- Prepare BPCS on a weekly basis for MRP run by ensuring:
- All incoming and outgoing processing is up to date as per defined processes.
- Demands are correct in the system.
- All stock takes/ cycle counts have been adjusted.
- All disputes have been taken into account i.e. processing which cannot be completed, unresolved stock variances, shipping issues identified by the suppler / freight forwarder.
- Run MRP weekly for all BOM components and insert results into excel spread sheets then carry out the following activities:
- Ensure all graphs are updated for all product codes.
- Check each product codes for correct safety stock levels as per defined levels.
- Evaluate each code to determine if stock levels are correct i.e. overstock / understock.
- Remove any backlogs older than a week if confirmed with the supplier that parts have not been or planned to be delivered.
- Evaluate track and trace to ensure no stock deficiencies due to late vessels or local deliveries.
- Adjust BPCS orders according to recognised disputes and rerun MRP and repeat the process were required.
- Publish “Scheduled Purchase Orders” weekly using EDI or email depending on suppliers communication setup and ensure receipt by supplier.
- Place spot orders for all BOM shelf items i.e. labels, ribbons, tie wraps where supplier does not accept Scheduled Purchase Orders (SPO’s)
- Ensure EDI is set-up correctly with all suppliers as per their defined capabilities.
- Ensure all deliveries / pickups have taken place as per specified date and follow-up if non-compliant and issue NCR if required.
- Follow up on all logistics NCR’s issued and ensure cost collection is done accurately and 8D”s are received were relevant.
- Ensuring the integrity of BPCS as the primary system used to order and despatching stock to ensure zero production line / customer stoppages or over stock situation due to incorrect parameter set-up.
- Evaluate on a two monthly basis all lead times, lots sizes, incremental quantities, firm zones and safety stock levels are in line with actuals and defined parameters.
- Ensure effective change level control to minimize obsolescence.
- Ensure all parts required for change level / new projects are ordered and followed up on to ensure timeously delivery.
- Ensure BPCS is updated for all new parts / level change parts to ensure placement of SPO’s on time.
- Ensure all parts have approved contracts in place with the supplier.Follow up with program buyers when necessary to ensure that prices are updated when concern is highlighted.
- Ensure all emails received are actioned on a weekly basis.
- Prepared the required information needed to enable timeously reporting.
- Grade 12 with maths.
- Relevant Degree/Diploma with sound experience.
- Minimum of 3 years Planning and Control experience
- Computerised MRP systems experience mandatory.
Required Capabilities and Skills
- Computer skills
- Adequate physical and mental capability
- Organisational and logistical planning skills
- Systems development and implementation capabilities
- Ability to pay special attention to detail.