|Job title:||Production Scheduler|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 7 years|
|Job published:||18 November 2020|
|Job reference no:||3405663312|
To develop, plan, and execute the master production schedule
- Work with other cross-functional departments (Logistics – Breakpoint Controller; Expeditors
- Maintenance; Launch Engineering/Program Management) to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Daily participation in production meetings, presenting updated master production schedules, and making the necessary adjustments to keep the plan accurate and updated
- Raise concerns when it becomes apparent that the schedule is at risk, and work with the relevant parties to assure schedule adherence
- Develop, plan, and execute the master production schedule based on actual and manage and report inventory performance and record accuracy
- Update and maintain system parameters
- Ensure smooth operations throughout the production and distribution
- Analyze lead times with operations and supply chain to ensure schedule accuracy
- Create and maintain schedules.
- Provide quick responses to production issues.
- Use software to generate reports and schedules.
- Ensure that company deadline are met.
- Ensure Tool and Part setup, review, and signoff as per BOS
- Ensure that MEQ standards are understood and used
- Identify production risks, quantify, develop mitigation strategy, report and escalate to management, and execute the risk mitigation strategy with the operations team.
- Timely scheduling and adjustments with a focus on forwarding Planning
- Immediate Adjustments to mitigate unforeseen incidents, eg. Breakdowns
Zero premium freight due to inaccurate Scheduling
- Guarantee proper management of changes in Operations (JIT, Components, etc.) by using the Change Management Procedure (e.g. CAR, TA, SOW, timing, Launch
- Costs, Piece Costs)
- Ensure that all required quality documentation (PFMEA, Control plan) is completed and approved both internally and by the customer.
A Tertiary Qualification and/or equivalent experience in Logistics or Production Planning
• At least 4 years’ experience in an automotive manufacturing environment
• Logistics/Engineering/Process experience
• Program Scheduling experience
• Manufacturing Operations
• Lean Manufacturing
• MS Project, MS Office, QAD