|Job title:||Maintenance Foreman (Millwright)|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||6 to 10 years|
|Job published:||13 October 2020|
|Job reference no:||2763609892|
Purpose of the job:
- As the Maintenance Foreman you will be responsible for managing all installations, repairs and upkeep of operations and facilities.
- Machinery, planning repair activities, and developing maintenance procedures.
- Leading a team of 6 employees including Millwrights and Assistants.
Main objectives of the position:
- GMR 2.7 compliance and Audits.
- Asset Management / planned preventative maintenance.
- Technical Support / Troubleshooting.
- Automated packing systems and Packing machinery (Fawema’s).
- Plant and systems upgrade.
- Assist with projects and Cost Control / Budget management.
- Health & Safety and Food Safety.
- Staff resource management and Performance management.
- Ensure sufficient maintenance stock in accordance with maintenance department requirements and standards.
- Co-ordinates, assigns, directs, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly schedules.
- Establishes job priorities and time frames for Maintenance staff.
- Responsible for the installation of repair of Electrical and Mechanical equipment.
- Monitors completion of job assignments through frequent observation and inspections to ensure compliance with standards and instruction and revises instructions and time frames as necessary.
- Responsible for training employees on equipment, task procedure, work standards and proper safety procedures.
- Schedules maintenance activities within the relevant system, including work performed by contractors.
- Develops specifications and makes recommendations on capital equipment purchases.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of maintenance schedules, equipment installations, structural repair and work orders and other operating reports
- Ensure effective INVOCOM implementation.
Work Experience required:
- Min 5 years’ experience in a managerial position (Technical environment).
- Min 5 years’ experience in a FMCG will be advantageous.
- GMR 2.7 experience / Advance OHSACT Certification (Proven track record).
- FSSC 22000 Food Safety experience (Proven track record).
- Health and Safety experience (Proven track record).
- Experience in a planned preventative maintenance program (C-Works, Pragma or SAP).
- HR / IR process experience (Proven track record).
- Railway safety regulator experience (Proven track record).
- Experience on blowers, boilers and compressors (Proven track record).
- N3 technical qualification (Trade Tested Millwright).
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Required to work long and unusual working hours (night shift, after hours, weekends and public holidays).
- Stocktake – 1st of every month.