|Job title:||Accounts Payable Clerk|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||3 to 5 years|
|Salary:||R10000 to R15000|
|Job published:||14 January 2022|
|Job reference no:||2681567765|
Position description / overview:
To Drive, Manage, Deliver, and plan all specifically assigned finance related tasks of the business.
The Accounts Payable Clerk assists the accountant to make sound business choices within their specific department / role.
· Bookkeeping / Finance related qualification
· Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a Similar role
· Capture trade creditor payments onto Pastel Evolution and excel creditor ledger.
· Accurate recording of payments within credit payment terms and polices. Accurate supporting documentation to be attached to reconciliations.
· Accurate verification of supporting documentation (VAT no. amount, order no., authorization etc.)
· Reconcile trade creditors accounts to supplier statements.
· Preparation of monthly creditors reconciliations and submission for review. ? Follow up on outstanding reconciliation items.
· Check on outstanding queries on reconciliations.
· Follow up and handling of trade creditor queries.
· Identify supplier queries and resolve in a speedy manner
· Update AP sheet bi-weekly (Wednesday & Friday).
· Identify potential early payment discounts.
· Negotiate payment terms with suppliers and raise any discount opportunities with the finance manager.
· Send proof of payment to suppliers adhoc.
· Ensure trade creditors filing system is up to date.
· Ensure trade creditor filing system is order and easy to follow.
Competencies / Skills:
· Good communication Skills on all levels
· Team Player
· A proven ability to manage staff and ensure maximum productivity
· Valid Driver’s License – Code 8 unendorsed
· Computer literate, Advanced Excel Skills
· Proficient in Pastel