|Job title:||Director: Infrastructure Procurement (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)|
|Experience:||7 to 10 years|
|Job published:||30 June 2021|
|Job reference no:||2591925267|
Position is based at offices in Bisho, but the successful candidate will be required to be able to work effectively from home due to COVID regulations.
- National Senior Certificate
- B. degree (NQF Level 7) or Bachelor of Technology degree in the built environment disciplines of Quantity Surveying, Project / Building / Construction Management or Civil / Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience in management of infrastructure delivery programme
Key Performance Areas:
- To institutionalise infrastructure procurement planning, policy, norms and standards.
- To facilitate the institutionalisation of the Infrastructure Delivery Management System (IDMS) within procurement processes and related forward and backward linkages.
- To facilitate the institutionalisation of the Framework for Infrastructure Delivery & Procurement Management (FIDPM) within IDMS procurement processes.
- To develop infrastructure procurement strategies that address the socio-economic developmental targets in the Province.
- To manage monitoring and evaluation systems related to IDMS compliance in terms of the FIDPM stage gate approvals.
- To provide guidance for innovative procurement strategies (panel of service providers, period contracts, framework contracts, etc.).
- To review procurement strategies per programme / project with respect to delivery targets, project integration and efficiencies of scale.
- To manage the co-ordinated and co-opted SCM processes, including: tender adverts, quality review of proceedings from tender committees; tender awards; procurement timeframes; and, provide guidance to mitigate procurement delays.
- Ensure infrastructure procurement plans are credible.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on infrastructure procurement and major capital projects.
- Maintain a database of contract awards and blacklistings, and conduct continuous risk assessment of workload and performance from service providers.
- Provide contract management support to departments (variation orders, deviations, dispute resolution and contract execution).
- Support compliance with the CIDB standard for uniformity, LEDPF and SMME development.
- Manage relations with clients and provide project leadership.
- Develop, establish and manage procurement information systems.
- Contribute to team and own performance, as well as, knowledge sharing and quality circles.
Closing date: Wednesday 21 July 2021. Unfortunately, applications cannot be considered after this date.