|Job title:||Inbound Logistics Manager (URGENT)|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 15 years|
|Job published:||08 January 2020|
|Job reference no:||2445026489|
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who meet the following job specifications. Responsible for managing the inbound logistics function of the plant, which includes Materials Requirements Planning and Expediting of products required to meet the customer requirements. The function the effective control of costs related to freight and working capital. The function is required to ensure that high quality materials are provided on time and at the lowest cost.
- Analyse weekly customer demand for spikes and troughs.
- Monitor and optimize material release communication to suppliers.
- Determine critical parts through analysis of 10 Day report.
- Expedite material through daily follow up with suppliers.
- Liaise with customer on material shortages and mitigate surprise.
- Maintain optimal inventory levels in lines with budget working capital requirements.
- Monitor and report on the performance of the logistics function.
- Monitor and manage freight costs by avoiding premium freight and optimising container utilisation.
- Monitor all new projects for optimal packaging/logistics costs.
- Ensure that the organisation abides by exchange control regulations and that claims for goods lost or damaged in transit are timeously processed.
- Develop and sustain good relationships with the customer and suppliers.
- Act as communication champion and ensure that the drive for a positive employee relations environment is maintained.
- Adhere to and drive all Business Operating Systems (BOS) and other logistics/customs and excise related legal procedures.
- Support the Company skills programme and equity plan.
- Ensure adequate staffing and direct subordinates to achieve relevant goals timeously
- Responsible for training, coaching, and guidance of subordinates
- Ensure Health and Safety regulations are adhered to.
- Perform ad hoc duties as and when required.
- Relevant degree/diploma with qualification in Logistics or CPIM (NQF level 5)
- At least 5 years in a senior position where the function is the same or similar
- Good Knowledge of ERP Systems
- Knowledge of material flow systems (FIFO, Kanban, JIT) and ERP Systems
- Knowledge of logistics policies and procedures and basic financial knowledge
- Advance computer literacy