|Job title:||Material Expeditor|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||3 to 5 years|
|Job published:||04 November 2020|
|Job reference no:||231335200|
- Balance material availability, inventory turns, and freight
- Ensure data accuracy (stocks, bill of material, and planning figures)
- Avoid obsolete material
- Weekly excess/slow-moving stock audit against agreed parameters.
- Weekly audit of stock values in comparison with agreed targets.
- Supplier delivery performance reports must be generated either weekly or monthly.
- Ensure the control system for customs documentation is maintained at all times.
- Implement & maintain a control system for imported stock as per customs & excise requirements.
- Coordinate the delivery of containers to the warehouse.
- Ensure that the necessary documentation is handed over to the warehouse.
- Assist the receiving department with processing queries of supplier documents.
- Assist the Finance department with any queries relating to supplied parts.
- Ensure SMRR documents are communicated with imported suppliers as well as processed on MFG Pro and shortfall component orders raised.
- Advise Freight Forwarders on parts that need to collect on an urgent basis as well as the method of transport.
- Maintain the verification and control system with warehouses of purchased components.
- Implement and maintain weekly control of ECR changes in accordance with BOS -: Run Out/Run In Control and balance out claims.
- Implement & maintain control of premium freight charges in accordance with BOS and plant requirements.
- Assist with regular static data audits on MFG PRO in order to maintain an up to date database at all times.
- Assist with stock counts as and when required.
- Develop and implement plans for the reduction of inventory and carry costs in line with agreed objectives without compromising service levels.
- Responsible for ensuring optimum inventory levels are maintained in accordance with parameters set by the Logistics Manager or Plant Manager.
Required Education and Experience:
- Post Matric qualification in Logistics or Engineering or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role (Preferable)
- 3 years’ experience in Automotive / Factory Environment (Preferable)
- Experience in Freight Transportation and/or Engineering Work Studies (Preferable)
- Working Knowledge of Logistics policies and procedures
- Knowledge of material flow concepts (FIFO, JIT and JTDs)
- Knowledge of Packaging concepts (One-way; Returnable / Reusable; Stacking; Trolleys, etc)