|Job title:||Supplier Quality Engineer|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 8 years|
|Job published:||11 November 2020|
|Job reference no:||2243954479|
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Source, review and approve supplier PPAP’s for all direct raw material, maintain records of supplier approvals. Verify compliance and capability of supply chain to satisfy customer requirements during APQP/PPAP process
• Manage incoming inspection process to ensure all incoming material meet the required standards.
• Ensure Internal lab procedures are in place and performed in accordance to set lab instructions and Lab scope.
• Ensure actions is taken on supplier defects. Monitor and report supplier quality performance on a regular basis. Issue, review and approve supplier 8D reports.
• Regularly review IATF 16969 documentation, instructions, and quality manuals, and ensuring operations and procedures complies.
• Ensure calibrations of test and measurement equipment are performed according to schedule and remain up to date.
• Maintain accurate quality records of supplier certifications, and supplier database.
• Support and facilitate supplier and internal audits of the QMS and production process. Analyse all findings and close out related actions as active member of internal audit team.
• Communicate quality control information to all relevant organizational departments or outside vendors.
• Monitor and report on relevant KPI’s such Supplier PPM’s and produce reports regarding non-conformance of suppliers or processes.
• Support quality engineers with process/customer related quality issues when required
Qualification and Experience:
• A Matric Certificate
• A Diploma/Degree in Quality or Industrial Engineering
• Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience in a similar role. Experience within automotive supplier preferred
• Good understanding of IATF 16949 requirements
• Previous experience in automotive supplier lab
• Automotive APQP/PPAP experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficiency in MS Office applications
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Knowledge of ERP systems,
• Planning and Organisational Skills
• Ability to work independently
• Pay close attention to detail
• Problem-solving and analytical Skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks
• Willingness to work long hours
• Ability to see a task through to the end
• Good interpersonal skills