|Job title:||Packaging Engineer: 1X Temporary position|
|Experience:||3 to 5 years|
|Job published:||12 October 2020|
|Job reference no:||2016387568|
Urgently looking for a Packaging Engineer available to start immediately.
The Packaging Engineer will perform standard packaging engineering assignments usually representing a significant portion of a larger project. He/she will select engineering techniques to solve problems and make recommendations.
- Lead for all activities related to the planning, budgeting, design, procurement, and management of returnable and; or expendable packaging for Purchased Parts,
- Work-In-Progress (WIP) Parts and Finished Goods (FG).
- Lead design review & packaging trial meetings
- Support new product launch teams and meetings
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications of packaging & follow through with Submissions, Approvals &
implementation of agreed specifications between Suppliers, Plant & Customers
- Lead and report on budget planning activities
- Travel as required to the company's customer, or supplier locations to support launch activities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Post Matric qualification in Logistics or Engineering or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role (Preferable)
- 3 years’ experience in Automotive Packaging, preferably including the packaging of interior systems
- Working Knowledge of Logistics policies and procedures
• Planning and organizing skills
• Advanced computer literacy (MS Office applications, especially Excel)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Decision making/problem solving skills
• Ability to cope with stressful situations
• Must have ability to manage multiple planning/implementation activities simultaneously