|Job title:||Engineering Manager|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 10 years|
|Job published:||06 December 2021|
|Job reference no:||1898158059|
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who meet the following job specifications. Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the Engineering Department. To ensure timeous design, development and implementation of new products and maintenance of current product.
- Liaise with the customers and suppliers regarding product requirements for new products and ongoing developments.
- Develop project plans and project costing data.
- Develop APQP plans for implementation projects.
- Ensure timeous completion of projects.
- Controls Engineering, project and APQP meetings.
- Oversee departmental responsibilities for engineering changes and development programs.
- Oversee process related downtime and scrap root cause analysis and determine and implement corrective and preventative action.
- Develop and implement engineering systems and procedures.
- Manage the implementation various programmes and projects.
- Effectively manage sub ordinates and resources.
- Prepare engineering product information for quotation purposes.
- Liaise with the customers and suppliers regarding related technical issues.
- Ensure the company vision is upheld at all levels
- Ensure adequate staffing and direct subordinates to achieve relevant goals timeously
- Responsible for training, coaching, and guidance of subordinates
- Monitor, manage, and report on the performance of the Engineering function
- Minimum degree/diploma with qualification in Engineering.
- At least 5 years in a similar environment.
- Minimum 5 years managerial experience.
- Artisan qualification will be an added advantage.
- Familiar with project management principles.
- Advance computer literacy
- Planning, organizing, controlling skills
- Critical thinking and innovation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Decision making/problem solving skills
- Conflict handling and dispute resolutions skills
- Ability to cope with stressful situations