|Job title:||Key Accounts Manager|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 8 years|
|Job published:||18 June 2020|
|Job reference no:||1719934859|
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, sales, or relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
- Responsible for handling the most important client accounts in a company. These accounts make up the highest percentage of company income, and the key account manager must build and maintain a strong relationship with the client. They will be the lead point of contact for all key client matters, anticipate the client’s needs, work within the company to ensure deadlines for the client are met, and help the client succeed.
- The key account manager will also bring in new business from existing clients or contacts and will develop new relationships with potential clients.
In this business structure, the clients are internal clients, specifically referring to the Business Unit Manager / GMs for each area.
- Working with design, sales team, creative, advertising, logistics, managers, marketing, and team members from other departments dedicated to the same client account to ensure the highest quality of materials are being produced and all client needs met as well as successful Marketing Windows are launched on time
- Developing a solid and trusting relationship between major key clients and company as well as expanding the client base
- Managing communications between key clients and internal teams
- Strategic planning to improve client results
- Establishing and overseeing internal budgets with the company and external budgets with the client
- Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training
Problem-solving and analysis:
- Ensure marketing and clients agree on ideas, manage to solve logistical issues, ensure deadlines are met and that all marketing initiatives are well executed at all levels. Increasing sales in an uncharted market and being able to close new clients
- Provide valuable input when decisions need to be made, but will not be finally responsible; be in a capacity to advise and at times persuade both parties as to the benefits of certain decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people-person
- Basic computer skills, experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on superior Excel skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, with ability follow-through on client contracts
- Ability to multitask and manage more than one client account; able to handle stress
- Goal-orientated, organised team player
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients and territories
- Able to analyse data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions