|Job title:||Tax Consultant / Senior Tax Administrator|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||3 to 5 years|
|Job published:||05 August 2021|
|Job reference no:||1705761859|
An established Accounting Firm seeks to employ a Tax Consultant / Senior Tax Administrator, to be based within their Tax Department. The successful candidate will report to the Tax Manager, as well as the relevant Partner. Supervision of staff may form part of the role.
- Completed BCom degree, with Tax specialisation
- Completed Honours in Taxation advantageous
- 3+ years' experience in a specialized Tax position, preferrable at a Senior level
- Advising clients (individuals and business entities) on matters relating to their Tax
- Assisting relevant Accountants and Partners with tax queries in relation to specific client needs / situations
- Preparation of Income Tax returns for Individual Taxpayers.
- Capturing and E-filing of income tax returns
- Submission of Income Tax returns for all taxpayer types and verifying correctness of assessments issued by SARS.
- Uploading of supporting documentation required during verification and/or audit processes conducted by SARS.
- Preparing and submission of Notice of Objections (NOO) and Notice of Appeals (NOA).
- Preparation, calculation and submission of provisional tax returns to SARS when due.
- General follow-up queries with SARS and Clients.
- Preparation and submission of Deferred Payment Arrangements and Offer of Compromises relating to outstanding debt owed to SARS.
- Preparation and submission of Return of Earnings for Workman’s Compensation purposes.
- Preparation and submission of EMP501 reconciliations and including calculating of Employment Tax Incentives where applicable.
- Application for Tax Clearance Certificates.
- Managing of tracking spreadsheets, tracking of queries, audits, objections etc.
- Any other administrative processes associated to the above.