|Job title:||Programme Manager: HET|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 6 years|
|Job published:||03 November 2021|
|Job reference no:||1424296453|
Strategic Accountability of the Position:
- The position is aligned to Faculty’s mandate to provide an educational experience that is unique, relevant to industry, and allows students the opportunity to develop their skills in the 4IR.
- The core focus of the role is to ensure the execution of sound teaching and learning practices, increased throughput, and drive towards increased digitization of learning experiences in a particular Higher Education programme.
- Teaching and Learning
- Ensure the successful preparation and execution of teaching and learning plans and practices, amongst all modules in the programme.
- Lead the production and expansion of multimedia content in support of teaching and learning.
- Lead the digitization of assessments and student engagement processes.
- Academic Management and Leadership
- Contribute to accurate storage of the latest version of curricula, assessments and course content for the programme.
- Complete Monthly Activity Report.
- Provide Head: Academics with regular updates on measures taken to support students at risk and increase programme throughput.
- Research and Community Engagement
- Actively participate in workshops, knowledge sharing sessions, meetings, and other Institutional forums.
- Assist in the planning and execution of community engagement initiatives.
- Strategic perspective to development, business planning, and execution.
- Digitally literate, focusing on applying educational technology.
- Strong project management skills, administered through effective planning, prioritising, and organising of resources.
- Strong data analytics and reporting skills.
- Internal: Executive leadership, Registrar, Student Support Office, Research & Development, Student Experience Office, Finance, IT, Marketing.
- External: Students, Industry, Regulators, Professional Bodies, Academic service providers, Academic peers
Essential Work Experience:
- Six years teaching/lecturing at a recognised tertiary institution in the field associated with the programme.
- Successful track record in the operational management of a high student volume digitised learning environment.
- Curriculum design, learning material development, assessment development, course certification, and taking it to market.
- Experience in learning material development, instructional design, and assessment design using digital formats and tools.
- Proven track record in executing online teaching and learning.
- Previous application of learning management systems, such as Moodle, Blackboard, etc.
- Familiarity with the role of technology in education management and course delivery.
- Previous experience in leading successful change initiatives and projects in education
- Qualification in the relevant academic related field, AND
- Honours degree (with a postgraduate qualification in education being advantageous).
- eLearning development courses completed will be advantageous.
- Demonstrable competencies in MS Office Suite.
- Proficiency in basic data analytics and reporting.
- eLearning authoring and content production tools.
- Moodle LMS.
- Multimedia software.