|Job title:||Graphic Designer|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||3 to 5 years|
|Salary:||R16000 to R18000|
|Job published:||30 November 2021|
|Job reference no:||140890525|
A fast-moving Retail / Food business, seeks to employ a Graphic Designer, to work within their in-house design team. The position reports to the Design Manager and works with other designers. This role is an office-based role.
Working closely with the Design Manager, you will interpret briefs from our various internal businesses across the continent and create content to drive sales and convey a specific message to our consumers. This role also requires you to create content for the internal communication of the business. You will have the opportunity to improve and fine tune your skills while working with a high-profile International Brand.
Please submit a portfolio / link to your portfolio, with your application.
- A National Diploma/Degree in Graphic Art/Design or any related creative field.
- Formal training/certification in the use of Adobe’s Creative suite of programs or similar.
- Previous work experience required (minimum 2 years) and a portfolio of previous work to be presented upon submission
- Experience in animation highly advantageous with relevant software experience (Adobe Premiere Pro & Adobe After Effects)
- Bringing the brief and concept to life based on the client’s needs and vision – while adhering to brand guidelines and identity in a timely manner.
- Preparing mock-ups and presenting to manager before deciding on a final design/concept.
- Editing proofs to client’s specifications and getting signoff/approval before finalising artwork.
- Working and collaborating with creative manager, design manager and other designers.
- Adapting and rolling out approved concepts to various media, above and below the line.
- Making sure artwork is correct and supplied in the right format/sizes/colour codes before being sent to press and production facilities.
- Work on multiple briefs at the same time
- Be creative, adaptable to trends and conceptualise original ideas.
- Have a strong, well-rounded portfolio that showcases your individual design aesthetic.
- Good communication skills to accurately convey your concepts to clients and team members.
- Be a skilled user of design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, Adobe Premiere Pro & Adobe After Effects
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Have an active interest in art/design and passionate about the work you deliver.