|Job title:||Cut & Sew Method Trainer|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||3 to 5 years|
|Job published:||11 December 2020|
|Job reference no:||1285406372|
Responsible for carrying out all activities in the Cut & Sew area, with the target to meet the demands pertaining to production output and quality standards.
- Mentor sewing operators and maintain sewing assessment records on the following:
- Complete sewing machine verifications as per ODS and/or First Off Sheet
- Sewing of first off parts and ensure compliance with specifications as per ODS
- Perform sewing operations, such as joining and decorative seams
- Replacement of bobbins/thread, needles and oiling of sewing machine
- Complete sewing tasks as required by production schedule and conduct self-inspection
- Monitor machine performance and report deviations.
- Supervise the Cut & Sew process, ensuring that production targets are met.
- Ensure that sewn trim parts meet required quality standards.
- Support Advanced Manufacturing Engineer with development of Cut & Sew process documents, e.g. ODS.
- Support Advance Manufacturing Engineer with planning and execution of sewing layout and process optimization.
- Carry out periodic station audits to ensure production operatives maintain 5S standards
- Take responsibility for Housekeeping in the Cut & Sew area.
- Support plant with problem-solving and troubleshooting sewing quality issues
- Support launch team with the manufacturing of prototype parts.
- Manage and maintain all master templates/patterns.
- Maintain and control all trim master samples.
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) and/or a relevant technical qualification.
- +5 years sewing experience in the Automotive sector
- Individuals with strong Customer Focus, Integrity and Honesty.
- General computer literacy, with a firm grasp of the MS Office package
- Understand and comply with all function-related BOS and EHS requirements