|Job title:||Business Development Specialist|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 7 years|
|Job published:||18 March 2021|
|Job reference no:||1073697827|
Sales Target Achievement:
- Achievement of Weekly and Monthly Sales and Volumes / Gross Profit Targets as set by Management
Customer Business Planning:
- Plan how to achieve sales targets for each of the customers within the sales territory.
- Plan to achieve daily sales targets.
- Analyze territory sales performance by product and formulate plans to counteract opposition activities.
- Plan territory calls as per call cycle (time utilization).
- Identify new business opportunities and alternative sales opportunities within territory and formulate sales objectives.
- Plan for high level of Customer Service
- Plan promotional activity
- Feed back to managers re opportunities.
- Follow up on plans etc.
- Negotiate order within given and approved parameters.
- Execute promotional activities and liaise with General Manager if necessary.
- Initiate ad-hoc activities.
- Discuss sales performance (purchasing) and issues with customers
- Complete pricing surveys.
- Provide technical advice and demonstrate products.
- Provide solutions – add value to customers
- Identify sales opportunities
- Increase basket of products sold to customers.
Sales Admin and Financial Control
- Update customer record cards and call cycle sheets.
- Collect debtor’s payments where necessary.
- Attend stock takes.
- Provide documentation for new accounts including credit application form – new and updates.
- Attend sales meetings / conferences / training courses.
Any other activities on a short term basis as required by the Company
Main Purpose of Job:
To develop and manage an effective sales territory.
Successful implementation of Operational plans set by Business Manager and Management by achieving the objectives for the various products sales targets in the identified market segments.
Determine most accurate total buying potential for each customer in his/her territory and capture this information against the client’s name on the Calling Cycle.
Dimensions / KPIs:
Sales Target Achievement
Customer Business Planning
Gross Profit Target Achievement
Sales Administration and Financial Control
Key Competencies / Skills:
- Manage the customer
- Managing financials
- Negotiations and influential ability
- Execution of business plans
- Analyse sales information i.e. Value
- In conjunction with the Business Manager, being able to analyse his/her Turnover & Gross Profit versus Target using Qlikview as a source for example, as well as to measure Volume Turnover by Product Category against Prior Year’s for the same period and same client-base!
- Developing and leading people.
- Add value
- Planning and organizing
- Selling across all Product Categories
- Customer reviews quarterly
Skills & Knowledge:
- Sales ability
- Negotiation skill
- Understands & apply Customer Intimacy i.e. the selling the Total Solution
- Product knowledge
- Practical application of our product range
- Analytical Ability
- Financial implication and awareness